A check list for writing GREAT blog comments:
- Include the use of correct capitalization, spelling and punctuation in well written sentences
- Use high level vocabulary to make your comment interesting
- Use a greeting and closing in your comment
- Try to include specific details relating to the post you are commenting on
- Don’t repeat yourself
- Add information to your comment to develop the post even further
- Give a compliment to the writer. This will encourage them to write more.
- Ask a question of the writer. This will then develop a good conversation.
Here are a couple of ideas to get you started:
A one-point comment is a general comment that doesn’t add very much to the post. Example: I like your blog.
A two-point comment adds something to the comment conversation. A commenter might compliment the writer in a specific way or add new information. Another idea is to make a connection. Maybe the post reminds you of an experience that you’ve had. Share that connection! Try to end your comment with a relevant question. That way, an interesting conversation can develop.